Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday Pt 1

Well, seeing as I'm at work and only 4 minutes from City Knits, I may stop by there on my way home to a) show off the progress on my hat that I'm making in their Wednesday beginners class; b) see if any of the slightly-wonky-and-holey bits of said hat are fixable, and c) buy some more Cascade yarn to get going on the Wavy scarf so I can take it with me to the Susquehanna music and Arts Festival next weekend.

Tonight is the Royal Oak Stitch'n'Bitch gathering at Sweetwater Cafe in Royal Oak. At least one other person has posted that they'll be there tonight, but overall it doesn't seem like a particularly active group. I'll keep posting and showing up, and maybe also try the Thursday group in Ferndale instead.

Though my lovely wife might have something to say if I end up doing knitting things on three nights of the week. Plus of course, Thursday night would mean I'd have to tape The Apprentice. Hmm. Choices, choices.

Check back later today or tomorrow for a group and yarn report. That is, both of you reading this.

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Sally said...

I would like one of these and a matching one for Oscar - in a large head size as it will be for next winter
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTperuvian.html

I too have a big bonce...

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Sally said...

and one of these
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTfrenchmarket.html

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I want to know how this wavy scarf goes. That's what I'd like to tackle next - except first I sorta need to knit my mom a black or red eyelash yarn scarf. She says she wants it and wants it now.

Go figure!

I am blowing through my garter stitch scarf. It's just worsted wool with size 8 needles - CO twenty stitches. Knit until the scarf is as long as I am tall. No brain necessary - that's the best part!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Margot said...

A knittyboarder stopping by for a look see... I just started Wavy last week, it's fun! I found it helpful to put a safety pin on the right side, becasue they look identical and it's wasy to get confused. Good luck - and let's see that hat soon!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home