Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, May 02, 2005

Post-SnB waviness

I can see that working less than 5 minutes drive from City Knits could cause problems ... still, at least I a) refrained from substituting a twice-as-expensive, but oh-so-soft merino wool for the Cascade 220 recommended for Wavy, and b) only bought the yarn I needed for Wavy, and just ooh-ed over their clearance stash rather than buying all the pretty pretty yarn.

One other Stitch'n'Bitcher showed up at Sweetwaters tonight, and we chatted and knitted for an hour or so. She's been knitting for 2 years, and has some wonderful looking projects, plus a load of green yarn to use up. So I started on Wavy, and she began a cloche style hat. Hopefully there'll be more people next week; apparently at one point there were at least 8-10 regulars at the group.

So.. after 25 rows, here is the Wavy scarf (again, clicking on the smaller image will open up a larger one):



It's very fun to do, especially figuring out the logic behind the pattern and moving of the blocks of 3 stitches. I'm definitely taking this one to Susquehanna this weekend. With this for a fun pattern, and the garter stitch scarf for funky yarn, I should have enough to keep me occupied. And after Wednesday, I'll have more to do on my hat too.

So all is well in Kirsti-land. Now I just wish my wife would get home.. it's 10:30 and she's still at work. *sigh*. It might just be me and Wavy heading to bed.

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

CHECK OUT THAT SCARF! Kirsti, it's going to be really gorgeous when it's done.

You are tempting me to start it now and I shouldn't. I really need to knit up what I already have planned and then start it.

But I'm going to make it for myself. My others are gifts but this one is going to be for me!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh Pooh! You're tempting me to relearn how to knit and set down my busy crochet hooks.

Hi there! I don't remember how i found your blog, but it's entertaining me, so thanks.

My wife and i live just south of THE LAKE. I'm currently very focused on a new-to-me crochet cluster stitch that is quite fun. I'm using the cluster on a lap blanket in purples and blues. There's a group of us from our UU Church/Pagan group that have been making lap blankets in any form for the past four years, we donate them to a local nursing home or two at Yuletime.

I'm so tickled by the various knitting and crochet blogs i've found. It makes me feel not quite so alone in my hobby. ;)

Happy knitting!!

~Suz~

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home