Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, May 09, 2005

Safely Back Home

A very brief post, as I'm just about ready to run a nice hot bath and then collapse into bed.. but I figured I'd update at least the basics.


  1. The festival was wonderful. Great music, great people and we even had good weather. Mostly. Friday night was freezing, but it warmed up plenty.
  2. I found 4 other knitters during the weekend, and several other folk who came up to me as I was knitting and made some remark along the lines of "Oh, I used to knit.." or "I wish I'd brought my knitting with me too".
  3. I finished the Funky Scarf during Friday night's mainstage sessions. It was shorter than I'd have liked, mostly because I ran out of yarn, and it was cold, so I figured I'd bind off and wear the scarf to keep warm rather than putting it away, waiting til I got back home, going to Michaels for more yarn then finishing it.
  4. However, it was an ideal length for my friend Sherry, who adored the colours in it, so I gave it to her. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of her in it at the time, and the weather improved enough that she didn't need it for the rest of the weekend. I will try and get her husband to take a picture of Sherry in the scarf so I can show it off here. My Very First Finished Object! Go me!
  5. I drove all the way back from Aberdeen MD to Detroit MI on my own, as my wife is in New Jersey all week on a work course. This was my first Long Solo Drive ever, and, with the help of a lot of caffeine, I made it. Did 5 hours to just past Pittsburgh last night, and then the final 4 1/2 hours home today.
  6. And I made it back in time to get to the Stitch'n'Bitch group tonight. We actually had 4 knitters (so a 100% increase on last week) and a reporter from the Metro Times who's writing an article on S'n'B groups. Photographer coming next week. Fame beckons.
  7. My Wavy scarf is now 4/10 of the way done and looking wonderful.
  8. Hat update: I did finally figure out how to "make 1" with the help of the S'n'B book and some chatting on IM with Julie from the group. I've got about another 4 rows of stockinette stitch to do before Wednesday's class, when we get into stitch markers and decreasing.
  9. Tomorrow is the first day of the AUD 5420 class I'm teaching (Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation) at Wayne State, so I need to get into Serious Professor mode again. I just hope the students don't find this blog... .
That's it for now. Bath and bed beckon. Happy Monday.

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Yay! You finished your first project! And gave it away too!

I love to give away my stuff. Gives me an excuse to knit more.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Sally said...

You are such a good driver. I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Hurry up and learn to knit better so you can make me stuff. And get a picture of the scarf!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ok, so about that bag on the bottom of the projects list...make two and name your price for second. ;) It's too cute and i'm still the crochet queen!

~Suz~

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Gaiagal, let me know what colours you like. here are some examples of the colours it comes in. Then, once I've got the hang of it (and it actually seems pretty simple), you're welcome to my second one!

I have a feeling I may be making a bunch of those bags as Christmas gifts...

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home