Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, June 26, 2006

Not sure I could manage this...

.. but some art student has created a knitted Ferrari complete with embroidered badge.

My own knitting news isn't quite so impressive. I finished the Odessa hat and gave it to our friend who's going through chemo, before I could take a photo of the final product. She loved it, and so did her daughters, so I'll be making two more for them. Hopefully there'll be SOME Odessa pictures here soon. It was fun to knit (once the darn beads were strung) and quick too - I started on Wednesday night and had it finished by Friday evening.

I've also started the Shedir chemo cap from Knitty for the same friend, in Rowan calmer. It's a lovely yarn to work with, and really soft. I'm not 100% happy with how the cables are looking though - single stitch cables in cotton show up every tension error that I make. Hopefully after blocking it will look better.

We're off to Chicago on Wednesday for a gig - details at www.terrygonda.com if anyone reading this is in the area and wants to come along. Bring your knitting! I'm looking forward to 9 hours or so of knitting time in the car to get there and back home again.

More updates to come, including a very very overdue thanks to my Sockapalooza pal.

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Kat said...

LOL you're offering to take tag-a-longs with you? 9 hours of knitting.... sounds dreamy to me! I am still upset that I wasn't able to make it to the Ark to catch that show. Another chance will come I'm sure. Have fun!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Hmmm. Well, we'll be near Chicago from July 10th-16th...stopping off on a slight detour to Ypsilanti, MI on the night of the 9th to visit a friend and spend the night.

I'll be doing tons of knitting during the week, most of which will be done at the Annual Pagan Campout at the Indiana Dunes from the 13th-16th!!

Enjoy Chicago...have some Lou Malnati's pizza for me, i miss it so!!

~Suz~

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Kirsti, I saw the Ferrari on another blog. Crazy! Where does the inspiration come from?

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odessa & Shedir are such great chemo/non-chemo caps. I hope you had a great time in Chicago & were able to check out some of the LYS!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh pooh! Where O Where are you??

Missing you lots!!

~Suz~

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home