Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Almost a week without a post...

.. I can tell you've both been anxiously biting your nails.

Minimal knitting content, if any, in this one. Mostly because I have a grant application due in on Wednesday, so all of my time has been devoted to that. I do wish I didn't leave everything to the last minute, because it makes for all-work weekends, and minimal sleep ... but somehow that seems to be how I function best.

I do intend to get to SnB group tomorrow - the Metro Times photographer is coming, and I don't want to miss my chance for fame. Plus my Wavy scarf is half finished (5 out of the 10 "waves" done), and I'm almost at the end of the ball of yarn ... and I need someone to show me how to start the next ball. This scarf is for Reba, then it'll be onto the grey version for her husband Vic.

I've also updated my "future projects" list to the left - if I can get someone to show me how to pick up stitches, I want to make that felted Booga bag. And coincidentally enough, I've also won an ebay auction for 3 skeins of Kureyon yarn in wonderful colours. So that may also be heading onto the needles fairly soon.

The grant submission is due in via email by 5pm on Wednesday, so I'll be getting to my City Knits class. The hat is looking pretty impressive - I figured out the "make one" and now have the stockinette stitch rows knitted, up to the point where I'm due to start decreasing. I can't believe how professional all the rows of stockinette look, let alone that I've actually made it! Oh, what the heck, let's put in some photos. Again, clicking on the small picture should open up a new window with a larger version.

Here's the hat, in a slightly fuzzy shot:


hat to date

Here's a close up of the stitching I've been admiring so much

close up of hat stitching


And here's the half wavy scarf, with the tiny bit of yarn left from one skein of Cascade:

half a wavy scarf


The scarf colour isn't quite right - it's not as blue as this image makes out. But you can at least see the pattern and the length.

Have a good week!

At 2:05 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Yes! I have been waiting patiently for the next installment, how dare you keep me in suspense! No, i have not been biting my nails, thankfully...they break quite nicely on their own, thank you very much!

I know, i know...i should talk. I've not posted in at least a week either. It's been a whirlwind.

The scarf looks lovely and the hat is very impressive. WTG!

TTFN!!

~Suz~

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I love that wavy scarf. I'm going to do one in red for my best friend, Mollie.

I'm printing the pattern now!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

So, you read that i bought an equal to the hideous gold color...i got it home and it's slightly brighter than the one i had, oh well. Today while watching Ellen i'm crocheting along after teaching Deb how to do a double crochet, she'd only been mastering a single so far, and the bright orange hideousness that i was using ran out - i have more. I went over to the laundry basket that is now holding all of my yarn and pulled out another bright-orange hideousness and started adding it in and going along my merry way and then i realized it too is brighter than the last orange. Big sigh. This lap blanket is destined to be the conversation piece at some geriatric home, that's all there is to it!!

Oooh, i'm gonna start saving my candle selling money now so that i can buy Booga Bag #2. I sort of like the colors they used...but i'm into blues, grays, greens. Use your best creative judgement!!

~Suz~

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Wavy scarf!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home