Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Post-class goodness

Monday's Stitch'n'Bitch was great fun, though I felt a tad self-conscious with the photographer there. She was very nice, and didn't get in the way.. but having a gigantic lens pointed at your hands as you knit can make things a little intimidating. Hopefully all the recognizable pictures will be of the other group members who are much younger and trendier than I, and hence more the kind of audience the Metro Times would like. If the article ends up online, I'll link to it.

In "rest of my life" news, the grant application got submitted yesterday, missing a letter of support, but the funding agency said I can send that along by the end of the week. So that's all good.

In even better news, I got to my City Knits class last night for the first time in 2 weeks, and, with Lisa's expert help, made a bunch of progress on my hat. I learned how to use stitch markers and how to do the k2t decrease.

Here's what the hat looked like after 2 hours of in-class knitting (clicking on the photo will open a new page with a larger pic). Note the cute little orange locking stitch markers.



And, because I really am getting addicted, as Terry and I vegged out in front of the TV after class last night, I kept on knitting. And the hat is now done, the top pulled together, and needs only to have the seam sewn up. I'm so impressed with myself! It's even almost hat-shaped!



Other knitting projects ... Wavy is 6/10 done, and I'm aiming to get it finished by Monday. I bought the wool to start the next Wavy scarf.in a dark heathered grey. The pair of scarves will be gifts to my unofficially adopted folk music parents, Vic and Reba Heyman.

I splurged last night at City Knits and bought Addi Turbos in size 10 1/2 to make the Booga Bag ... the frustrating thing is that the yarn has yet to arrive. I paid for it 10 days ago, and you'd have thought that even standard surface shipping would have got here. I may try and use a different seller in future. I'll post here as soon as I get started. I'd like to have the base square done by Monday, so I can get help in picking up the stitches at S'n'B.

Oh, and hopefully we'll have some new members from the Detroit City Knits meetup, which was also last night. Recruit, recruit recruit...

Happy Thursday! I'm off work tomorrow and intend to relax and do nothing but read, watch bad daytime TV and knit.

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Kirsti~
Your hat looks totally hat shaped, i have no idea what you're so worried about, woman! Way to go!! I'm so impressed!

Thanks for the link to your wedding sight. I went and browsed pictures, read who you both were and how you met. Wonderful story, i love it!!

You've done so well with the sight. I must confess that i've not even put our pictures in the album we were given as a gift...and in an even larger horror, the film that Deb and i took, we've never developed!!! Thankfully we had friends and family who took shots and didn't procrastinate with giving us copies!

I need to ask my mom for her knitting needles, i know she's not using them! When i was younger she used to make me mittens and slippers...i still have one pair of mittens that she made, i adore them.

I need to borrow someone's digital camera so i can take a picture of this hideously colored lap blanket, it's a riot!

Will chat later!

~Suz~

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Love that hat! You've really done a terrific job with it.

You're going to be knitting sweaters before you know it!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Let us know if that knitting article is available online. I'd like to see it!

Love the hats. I like bright colors, too.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home