Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, August 29, 2005

One down...

... and one to go.

The first Broadripple Sock started on Friday morning is now finished. I've given up on the cotton one, and frogged it. So 3 skeins of Pattons Grace are up for swaps if anyone's interested and likes knitting in cotton.

Here's pics (please excuse the somewhat awkward proportion and the unshaved leg!):




Very fun pattern to knit, a lot easier thanit looks, and I love the lace effect. Plus, unlike the previous blue sock (which had a too-short heel flap and a too-short foot), this one fits me really nicely. I'm hoping the stretchy yarn will mean that it fits Terry as well.

Now on to knit its partner...

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh, very cool!!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Kat said...

It looks fantastic! I've got to start knitting something other than the easy peasy basic sock. Now I think you are influencing me LOL. Well done!

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice sock! Can't wait to see the other one, it's such a great pattern and your colors are lovely.

Also, you just might be getting a visit from your local postal worker sometime in the next week or two, so be on the lookout :)

xoxo

Your Knitty SP!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The sock is gorgeous Kirsti! Now quick, go knit the other one. :)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Pssst...what's going on over there? You fighting with the second sock or what?? ;)

~Suz~

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger meelo said...

hey kirsti - long time! school's back in full force for me, so i've not had any time to browse around other people's blogs. hope all is well. you're in my thoughts.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home