Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, July 25, 2005

Finished Object!

... but no photos. Sorry. Top Secret Project 2 is finally finished, all the ends are woven in, and it just needs blocking (ooh, there's a possible clue!). And yes, this is the very impressive piece that Jodi referred to in her blog a few days ago. I'm certainly impressed with myself. All will be revealed, and photos will be posted here after August 6th.

Terry and I had a wonderful mini-holiday weekend in Windsor: staying in a hotel on the river, walking lots along the waterfront, getting to Jodi's going away party on Saturday night, eating some very good Ethiopian food, and generally relaxing and enjoying ourselves. It was good for both of us, and well needed.

There probably won't be any updates this week, as I leave today for Breckenridge, Colorado, where there's a conference organized by the CDC on mild and unilateral hearing loss in children - my Ph.D. topic. I certainly feel honoured to have been invited, and asked to give a brief presentation on Tuesday. I am taking knitting (the aggressive beginners scarf, and some Cascade Dune and needles to hopefully get at least one of those ruffled scarves done), so should have progress and pictures when I return on Thursday night.

Not sure how much web access I'll have (though I'm taking my laptop), so if I don't stop by your blog, I'll make sure I catch up when I return. Keep this space warm for me, won't you?

At 9:44 AM, Blogger jodi said...

Whee! I can't wait to see the modelled shots when you unveil the FO. I love feeling like I'm in on a big secret.

Have fun in Colorado. It can't be any hotter than it is here, and maybe it'll be a little drier.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Your weekend sounds delightful! Have fun in Colorado and knock their socks off! I can't wait to see the finished photos. Looking forward to see them in a couple of weeks.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Drier in Colorado? Hmm...apparently not a Weather Channel junkie like i am...monsoon season has started. Yep. I said "monsoon"! I didn't know they had monsoons in AZ, NM and CO???

Heehee, i see a delivery made it to Kirsti's house today!! ;)

Have a safe trip, hurry back to us!!

~Suz~

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've missed you in chat but now I know why. I hope you've had a great time in Colorado and I can't wait to see the unveiling of the TSP. :) And your purchases from Threadbearer! What can I say, they are scrumptious!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home