Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I don't really have words

It's odd, wishing that I were back in London, when all this is going on. My university departments were split between near Russell Square and near Euston, so I would walk through Tavistock Place, where the bus bomb was, several times a week. Now I see these familiar buildings and places, but with such unfamiliar and unbelievable happenings there.

My family are all safe - my mum rang at 7:30 this morning and told me about the news. I've not been able to turn the TV off since. I've heard from one friend who's out in East London ... there are so many more people I know there, acquantances, friends I've lost touch with, staff and faculty from my old university ... I'm just hoping that the statistical probabilities hold true and that they're all OK.

I'll update on knitting stuff tomorrow. Now, it's just keeping my hands occupied while I watch and pray.

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh! I'm so glad to know your family is all safe. I came over to see if you had posted anything and to drop you a note to ask about your family, but you posted before i arrived.

~Suz~

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Kirsti grrl -- glad to hear that your family is all right. We are praying for all of London & UK and damn the terrorists. Buncha @$$holes.

Love ya
Rox

PS- you won my contest woohoo --- email me if you want yarn or stitch markers :)

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I came by to see how you and your family was also, and thankful for what I found. I'm glad your family is ok and I pray that all your friends are as well. ((((hugs)))

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

I am glad that your family and friends are ok. I think that it is hard to see such terror on shed on your homeland, and you are not there. Please know that I am in contsant prayer for your homeland and its people.

Love,
Sarah

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I also dropped by to make sure your loved ones were okay. Glad your family is fine and hope the same is true for all of your friends.

I was also glued to coverage today. I was at work, but had the BBC streaming on the computer all day.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came to see if you'd posted anything regarding your family/friends. So relieved to hear that they are okay. Know that you are in our prayers and thoughts. This is so horrible. I can't even express.
Sharon in MA

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

You know Sal popped right into my mind yesterday when I first heard the news and it was such a relief to know she was safe.

I've been knitting like crazy myself since the news broke. It's like therapy knitting.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

*hugs*

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Sally said...

you are all such lovely people - thanks for the prayers - Londoners need em.

I was in Russell Square on Friday - very eerie and sad.

But we're all determined to get on with our lives and not let the terrorists get to us - thousands of people were in London today commemorating the end of World War II and it was a wonderful sight.

Keep knitting sis - can't wait to see the TSPs....

Sal x

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home