Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Booga-booga!

Well, I'm making huge rapid progress on Top Secret Project 1, but of course I can't show you any of it. (If you'd like to see photos, and you're not my sister, feel free to email me or leave a comment, and I'll fill you in on what I'm doing. Mwahahahha.)

However, the other huge exciting news is that I finally felted and finished the Booga Bag!

Here's the photo journal showing its progress. As usual, clicking any of them will open up a new page with a larger image on flickr.com (Goodness knows why there's a whole load of blank space between this line and the table with the pictures. I can't see anything in my html code that would do it. I don't think blogspot likes tables very much. So I apologize for how ugly this post looks. Just keep scrolling down and enjoy the photos.)














Before feltingInto the washing machine
(Note the artsy falling water shot)

After one cycleAfter second cycle. Stitches pretty much gone, so good enough for me.

Blocking on a Kashi cereal box from CostcoThe finished bag

As modeled by my gorgeous wife.

So yay me! I'm so pleased with how it came out. Now I can get started on the second one and begin to use up some of this yarn stash!

In not-so-good knitting news, I ended up ripping out the 6 rows I'd done on the Soleil. I broke all my own rules and started into knitting it late at night when I was tired - and made a huge mistake with the lace row that was pretty much unfixable - plus I didn't realise it until I was at the very end of that row. So I'll be starting up with that again soon. The Wavy scarf is now my "mindless knitting" of choice, and I'm about halfway through the first repeat. It's too hot to knit with thick heavy wool, so the Top Secret Project and Soleil will be my first choices in this weather.

In other news, it's a busy day today. I'm playing flute for a wedding at church this afternoon, then this evening is the Who's At First folk festival featuring Terry and 4 other artists. We get a half hour set, and it should be a fun evening. Then Sunday we're doing church mass in the morning (usually Terry leads the music group for the Saturday evening mass, but because of the concert we swapped with Augie, the director, who wanted a Sunday morning off anyway). Hopefully the weather will cool down a little. Still, at least we got the air conditioner unit in the living room window last night. We're still pondering splurging and buying a second one for the bedroom. Terry ended up moving to the sofa last night because of the heat. Don't know when we'll have time for it though...

Have a great weekend!

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ooooooh!! Ahhhhhh!! Booga is gorgeous...and it goes so nicely with Terry's top too. She's such a great model!!

Hey, hope you all have a great time with the concert and that the Flut playing goes well. Enjoy!!!

I really didn't need to see a washing machine photo though...see my bitching blog post about MORONS!!! UGH!!

~Suz~ ;)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

That bag is GORGEOUS!!!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Sally said...

WHAT IS IT!!!! I want to know. I hate secrets....

You meanie.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't wanna know the secret, so there!

I'm just gonna wait in suspense and agony like your sister! ;D

~Suz~

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I love that bag! Is it knit in one piece - aside from the I-cord, that is.

Hate that you had to frog the top you were knitting - if you look at my blog you'll see we both made the same mistake of knitting while sleepy with the same results!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Oh...and you can let me in on your top secret project whenever you want. I promise I won't tell Sally!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your Booga is absolutely gorgeous! Which colorway did you use? I may have to do one since Soliel is giving me fits. At least you don't have to frog your entire Soleil to fix your mistake. Can't wait to see it!

Dawn

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger meelo said...

kirsti - very cool bag. thank you for your beautiful words of kindness on my blog. i clicked on the resource link you left, and wondered if you'd written the story on that site? i was under the impression that it was your site, but was unsure. either way, i'm sorry to hear that we've been in the same place. thanks for making me feel strong and able to overcome.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

The booga bag is Noro Koreyon in shade 134 - and yes, it's magical self-striping yarn. All that lovely colour from 3 balls of yarn.

And Camille, yes, that story is indeed mine. You absolutely can get through the darkest of times. Just keep hanging in there, and find people to talk to.

Dixie, my email address is kreeve - at - gmail dot com. Drop me an email and I'll reply with a pic of the Mystery Object. Just promise me you won't forward it on to Sal. I like keeping her in suspense.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home