Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Friday, June 03, 2005

It's Friday!

It's the weekend.. well, almost.

Last night Terry was working late again (she's off on a training course all of next week, so she's trying to get everything done before she goes) I went to the Ferndale Stitch'n'Bitch group. There were four of us there - three kntitters and a crochet-er. I got three more rows done on the Potato Chip scarf - so it's now up to 360 stitches. The next row is the final increase to 720 stitches, then I knit that row, bind off and I'm done. I'm concerned I won't have enough yarn to do the increase, so I'm holding off at the moment. So far I've put about 3 hours work into it, so I think a 5 hour project is a good estimation.

In Booga Bag news, last night I rewound the remains of the final skein of Kureyon yarn, so I could work from the other end, hoping that (as was the case with skeins 1 and 2) that it would end in the same colour as skein 2, and I could make a seamless join. No such luck. Skein 2 finished with this pinkypurple .... Skein 3 finished with bright red. So I've got a very obvious colour change. Oh well. It'll all look fine once its felted, right?

And ... in today's exciting news ... after a 2pm appointment with an immigration attorney in Ann Arbor, Terry and I will be heading out to Lansing. Now, the primary reason for this trip is to collect Terry's guitar, which has been in the hospital at Elderly Instruments after a nasty fall onto hard concrete. The crack's been glued up, the bridge reattached, so hopefully all is good now. But.. the fact that we'll be only 9 minutes drive from Threadbear Fiber Arts Studio which is apparently sheer heaven for those obsessed with yarn is too much to pass up. Hopefully I can convince Terry of the same thing. I told her I just want to go in and stroke the pretty yarn, and I'll leave my wallet in the car. I'm not sure she was entirely convinced. I wonder why? *innocent look*.

I'm thinking about making a Soleil for her before starting in on the Stitch'n'Bitch sweater. It'll be good practice for me, and I think she'd look great in it. So I could use this trip to get the yarn, right? That'd be... what's the word ... justified? Good use of my time? Something else new to knit?

Happy Friday anyway. Have a great weekend.

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

ROFL!!! Yaya, wallet in car, uh huh...and debit card in pocket, heehee!!!

I use that "i'll just look" thing on Deb all the time. Which is why we're not going to head up to New Buffalo tomorrow, we're just going to campout and veg.

And we're about out the door. Have a great weekend!!

~Suz~

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

If I can just keep living my yarn purchases through you I can save tons of money!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home