Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Finishing things!

Yay! My first Wavy scarf is off the needles, ends woven in, and ready to be shown off at my City Knits class tonight, along with the finished seamed cap. Shame it's currently 75 degrees really (that's 24 o C for you Brits reading). I'll take photos tonight, promise.

And, being an unrepentant addict, I've already cast on the 90 sitches for the Potato Chip Scarf from Knit Picks. I'm using Trendsetter Dune yarn in colour 86. Looks like this:



Yummy. I'm going to need to get more Addi Turbos in a 13 needle size though, coz with the number of increasing stitches, I'll never fit it onto a straight needle.

Also finished last night was the "between 5 and 6 feet" of i-cord that the pattern calls for. I knitted until it reached Terry's nose. I figured that was an accurate enough measurement, and besides, I'd knitted all through House and 1 1/2 episodes of Queer Eye (first season re-runs - the wedding proposal, and Butch the artist). So now I can use all my remaining yarn to finish knitting the bag; find a zippered pillow case; and then into the washing machine it goes!

I'll try and post more with pics after class tonight.

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

That may be the coolest looking yarn I've ever seen!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

I know (grin). I'm not sure how easy it'll be to knit with, because of the different fibres mixed together. It's one strand of mohair and one strand of some metallic fibre that changes colour as you go. Yummmy.

If you can't get it over there and need me to ship some to you, I'm happy to do so.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Wavy! That is such an addictive pattern.

The Italian yarn is stunning - can't wait to see the sweater.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh, i liked the Queer Eye episode with Butch. He seemed like a neat guy!

So sad that Starting Over wrapped up for the season. The ended this time seemed so strange and abrupt. It was like all of a sudden; you're not getting it-goodbye, you're graduating, you're graduating, you need more help than we can offer, go check yourself in-goodbye, you're graduating and you're graduating ok, shows over. Hrmph!!

Looking like couple for next season?? That should be interesting. I'm not at all watching the replays of this season, i dunno if i can handle the stress again.

~Suz~

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

I know. Especially Meg. Plus they just dropped the whole "exploring her sexuality" issues. If anyone deserved to come back, it was her rather than whiny, jealous Allison, IMHO.

The early re-runs are fun just to watch the moistness that is Debooorah.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home