Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Yay! It's the weekend!

Well, the Knitting Room in Birmingham is as wonderful as the reviews on the Knitty board make it out to be. I had a similar experience to the one Jodi described in her blog yesterday. They had a bunch of yarn that I've only heard about, seen in photos or seen on ebay, some of it knitted up into sample swatches ... I can't believe how cloud-like and soft the Rowan Kid Silk Haze is, for instance. And the Koigu Premium Painters Palette Merino.. *sigh*. I think this may have to be my choice for Oscar's blanket, because it's so beautiful to look at. And if I'm doing rows of k53 p53, I'll want nice yarn!

So I splurged on some Nuro Kureyon so I could start the Booga Bag ... and of course, when I got home, my Ebay order had also arrived. It's not really a problem, as I think I'll be doing a bunch of these bags for Christmas gifts. What it does mean is that I now have the beginnings of ... a yarn stash!



Stash from the side

Stash from above

Starting from the grey ball and working clockwise.. we have.. 2 balls of Cascade 220 in 9402 (dark heathered grey) to make the Wavy scarf for Vic. Then 3 skeins each of Noro Kureyon colour 40; Noro Kureyon 153 (one of my Ebay lots); and Noro Kureyon 163 (my other Ebay lot). And concluding with 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon 134. And why only two skeins I hear you ask?

Because the other has already been used to start the bag:


I've done the 34 rows of garter stitch... now it's time to start picking up stitches along the side, bottom and other side edge so that this square becomes the base of the bag, and I end up knitting in the round to make the sides. I love all the colours this yarn comes in (Suz, I'm still looking for the original yellow one.. otherwise, pick your skeins from the stash!) and can't wait to figure out this next step.

Wavy is now well into the 8th wave. I'm hoping that with some good knitting time over this weekend to get it finished by Monday at the least.

And now on to normal weekend chores like laundry and vacuuming.

Edited to add.. I've just found these dinosaurs from x-treme knitting.com . How incredibly cute are they? And seeing as every little boy I know has gone through a dinosaur mad phase, and I happen to have the cutest nephew in the whole wide world....

At 11:29 PM, Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

Yay for a mini-stash! Stashes rule.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ok, yeah, the nephew is too adorable!!

I like that stashy yarn that has the blue, green, black, whateverelse. I'm diggin' it! You are just zooming along!! Wow!

~Suz~

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Sally said...

He is cute. And he's very lucky to have such a lovely crafty auntie!

He sends you a big dribbly kiss

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Sally said...

btw....if Oz gets a dinosaur can mummy have a booga bag in purple?

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

I am so very excited! I raided mom's house of all of her knitting supplies, i think i am going to tackle something small and simple to begin with...any suggestions?

~Suz~

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Pssst...i have a question i don't want to take up your comments with. Email me?

scatteredgemini@comcast.net

Thanks!!

~Suz~

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

You get so much better yarn than I can find here! That bag is going to be gorgeous!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger jodi said...

I'm racing to the end of a baby cardigan sleeve and after that, all the breeders I know are getting dinosaurs.

And hey, do live anywhere close to downtown? I'd love to come out to a s'n'b meetup sometime before I move away, but don't drive. I can take a bus across the river, though. . .

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home