Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, June 06, 2005

A project slut

It's true. I admit it. Only six weeks into my knitting lifestyle, and I am non-monogamous. There was a brief period, from midnight last night until around 7pm, when I had only one project on my needles: the aggressive beginner scarf. I show up at Stitch'n'Bitch and pull out the scarf. Do I focus on the intricacies, refining my lace pattern and cabling abilities? Do I watch the slow, but steady, progress of this lovely green scarf?

Of course not. I knit about 4 rows, get bored, and cast on for the Soleil top. Then, once I've joined the cast on, and knit the first row, I decide I'm too fuzzy headed to start on the complicated lace rows, so I cast on for the second Wavy scarf, and finish up the evening by knitting four rows of that.

And those readers who've been following along with my projects will have deduced one other thing: the Booga Bag must be off the needles. Yep, it is. Not in the Finished Objects blog yet, as I haven't felted it. I think I'm going to do that tomorrow evening, as it's too late tonight. I also want to measure the pre-felting dimensions so I can decide if I want to make the next one any bigger.

Also planned for tomorrow is a trip with my fellow Stitch'n'Bitchers to the new yarn store, Gifted, that's opened up in Beaumont Hospital, literally 5 minutes drive from my house. Coley and I have promised not to spend any money; Julie needs to pick up some supplies. We'll see if that holds out.

Photos of the new projects once they get slightly beyond the "loops on a needle" stage. I'm off to make up a bed in the basement studio, as that's the coolest place in this way-too-hot-and-stuffy house. Hopefully that'll mean I actually get some sleep tonight.

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

You are so knitting ambitious you put me to shame! I got all excited about making stupid bobbles and you fearlessly cast on three projects in one evening! :)

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Project slut! I love it!! I'm a project slut, too. I have four things on the needles right now.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Sleep?? What's that??? Deb worked a double starting last night and i stayed up turning a heel and working gusset stitches until 4-freaking-am!!! OY!!!

~Suz~

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home