Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Ruffles and ramblings

It's been a fairly productive knitting day or two. The Booga Bag is so nearly done that I should really have waited half an hour, finished it, then posted this entry, but never mind. What is off the needles now is the Potato Chip scarf., modelled below by my gorgeous wife.



A very fun scarf to knit, and definitely quick. Though binding off 720 stitches takes longer than you expect.

Our trip to Lansing was a great success too. We picked up Terry's guitar from Elderly Instruments, she played a bunch of Martins and a really nice Breedlove 12 string in myrtle wood, but decided against buying a second guitar at the moment. Then, after missing it twice, we finally found Threadbear, and it was worth the hunt. I could have spent all day in there, so it was probably a good thing that Terry was with me to keep me grounded and stop me buying all the pretty yarn in sight.

I did buy some mercerised cotton in cream, and some amazing bamboo yarn to make Terry two Soleil tank tops for the summer. Pictures soon, once I've swatched and cast on. I'll start with the cotton one, and practice on that. We had a wonderful mexican meal at the nearby Hacienda Los Amigos too - really authentic, great chips and salsa, and portions large enough to make for 2 lots of leftover lunches.

Terry just left for the airport - she's off to New Jersey for work training til Thursday. So I'll drown my sorrows in yarn, and hopefully have a really productive week.

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sally said...

It's a lovely scarf. And a lovely wife!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Love the scarf! And thanks again for posting the wavy scarf pictures. You've inspired me to make one!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger meelo said...

so if could do anything creative, i'd probably make a scarf like that myself. but since i can't, i guess i'll have to slave away to save money to buy cool stuff from people like you! hoping your week flies by so you and your wife are back in each other's arms before you know it!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

I think they call it a Potato Chip scarf coz it has Ruffles.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments. It's a good feeling to come home to an empty house, and yet know that there have been people stopping by my blog.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Waaaaaaay cool scarf! I've always wanted to learn how to knit, among so many other things! You make it look all so simple, when really, it is a great talent!

You and your wife make a beautiful couple to boot! :)

Have a great Monday!

Sarah

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Terry makes a fabulous model for your work, doesn't she?

I can't get my husband to model my finished projects so I have to rely on photos made on the kitchen table. Killjoy! ;)

The potato chip scarf looks entirely too cute but I can't even fathom binding off 720 stitches. By that poing I'm so anxious to be finished that I can barely sit still to bind off 100.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ugh!! I thought binding off 82 over the weekend was a pain. OY!!!

That scarf is extremely cool and i must say your wife does a great job of modelling your talented creations, she's such a sport!!

Safe journey to Terry, while she's away knit lots!! Heehee!!!

~Suz~

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Corteygrif said...

i loved that scarf,very nice blog nice to meet you kiss,i will be back

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home