Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Thursday, June 09, 2005

OK, so I lied.

No photos. I'm a bad, bad blogger. And I'm truly repentant, honestly.

Class was fun. The store was somewhat chaotic, as the owner and two other staff members are off to a big huge yarn festival today, so they were running around with last minute arrangements, packing, yarn samples, things to knit in the car, etc etc.

But it all calmed down, and Lisa started me off on the Top Secret Project that I'll only post intriguing snippets of. Suffice to say that I was working with double pointed needles. Lots of them. Well, OK, four. It seemed like a lot, particularly as I'm still at the stage of figuring out how to knit without poking one of those tiny sharp pointed sticks in my eye. Still, I'm now at 10 stitches per needle, which is a lot easier to manage than 2 or 4 stitches.

And I think I'm heading out of work early to go and sit at City Knits and relax and work some more on the Soleil top.

Other knitting reports ... the Wavy scarf is about 8 rows in and progressing nicely. I managed to drop a stitch in the Aggressive Beginners scarf, so I'm going to see if Susy can fix it at City Knits today.. otherwise I may just frog the whole thing and call it a learning experience. It's just not inspiring me, despite the yummy soft alpaca yarn. The Booga Bag has yet to be felted. Where on earth (or at least, "where in America") do you find a zippered pillowcase?

And just to prove my project slut nature, I'm planning on starting the second Booga Bag for Suz (I even found the Noro yarn in the same colours as the pattern shows - the yellows, greens and pink), and the Branching Out scarf from Knitty ... because after abandoning one lace scarf, what's better than starting another? I've even got the yarn for this too, the Silky Wool.

And yay, Terry's home tonight.

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Check Wal-Mart for a zippered pillow case. That's where I found mine. I bought the king size in case I decide to felt something large.

Branching Out is a lovely scarf. I've got one on the needles but haven't touched it in awhile. Maybe I should pick it up again and finish it. :)

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

OMG! Branching Out...i looked at that earlier today before reading your post and thought to myself, "Someone's gotta be nuts to knit that one!!" AHA!!! I knew you were bats!!

My first sock is done, done, done!! Must cast on it's mate soon!!

Happy Knitting!!

YAY, To Terry coming home!! Hugs to you both!

~Suz~

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger meelo said...

okay, so i admit, shamefully and for the second time, that i know nothing whatsoever about knitting. so reading your posts is like trying to make sense of something in japanese. i don't speak it, by the way. but please take my humble offering of apology: praise, for the amazing products that you've finished! they ROCK! i wish i could do something like that! i'm very happy that you're so talented at this - that sounds crazy and silly, but true.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I've never felted anything but can you use one of those big zippered net bags you can use to put lingerie in the washer?

I'm up to my eyes with zippered pillowcases here. I actually have trouble finding pillowcases that aren't zippered or buttoned.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

I'm probably more crazy than anything else. Just ask those who know me. Lots of projects, and thinking about a lace scarf.

Camille, I'll start putting in a warning for when there's "knitting-speak" coming up, and feel free to skip all that. Hopefully today's post with all its photos will be easier! :)

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home