Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Oooh, pretty!

Somebody stop me. I'm feeling the urge to start a whole brand new project. But just look at this shawl? Isn't it gorgeous?




It's Creatures of the Reef from Fidlesticks Knitting, and it's well worth clicking on that link to see the larger picture in all the details.

They say it can be done by advanced beginners. That's me, right? And the kit isn't all that expensive either. Any thoughts on what colour to order?. I'm thinking possibly the Agean blue or the Juniper green, but they might be a bit dark to work with.

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

It's about time you posted a picture! :) Love the shawl.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I LOVE that website, it's in my favorites! I also vote for the Agean blue because of the water theme.

I think you'll find it easier than you think, it will just take some concentration to follow the pattern. The two shawls I have in progress I can't work while the kids are around or I'm watching tv. I have to pay attention to them or the yarn decides to test me to see if I am, and I usually get "caught".

I say go for it!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a gorgeous shawl... I love the little crabs!

*adds to "someday" list*

If you're concerned about using darker colours, the "ice blue" might be a good way to go. Reminds me of the colour of the water at Pensacola.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely the blue! Wish I was a shawl person, or even knew one! What a pretty and unique shawl. :)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I love the ice blue too but then ice blue is my favorite color.

I think you can definitely do this!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home