Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday - and Photos!

Yep, at long last, here are some actual photographs of actual objects that I have actually knitted. Of course, most of my work has been on the Top Secret Project that I can't show you yet (though I am emailing out photos to those interested). But.. in the past few days I have:


Added a bunch of length to the Aggressive Beginners Scarf. I figure I'm about a quarter of the way through it, at least. Here's a slightly fuzzy closeup which was meant to show off the lace pattern and the 4 stitch cable in the middle of it.


And also...

Finished the Booga Bag for Suz. Above is its pre-felting stage, next to my first bag for size comparison purposes ... and below is its current status, drying over the same Kashi cereal box. Either towels aren't as efficient for felting as jeans are, or else different colours of Noro Koreyon felt differently, because this took 3 runs through the washing machine to shrink down to size. There's still a little bit of stitch definition, but I figure that Suz can always felt it more if she wants to.


Oh, and I also ordered the kit below in the Aegean Blue. So what if I'm not really a shawl wearing person? So what if I don't think I have any outfits that a person could actually wear a shawl with? So what if Terry wants me to turn it into a tablecloth instead? It's all about the process, right?

So that's my progress so far. Have a great holiday weekend if you're one of those "bloody colonials" celebrating it. Me, I'll take the fireworks as a belated recognition of Trafalgar Day.

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Kat said...

ROFL, well this bloody colonial loves what she's seeing! The bags are amazing and I seriously, seriously love that scarf! You're going to have no problem with that shawl. I'm not a shawl person either and I have one done and two on the needles. Go figure. LOL

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

You'll need a shawl one day and by then you'll be happy you've got a lovingly hand knit one to wear!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ohhh, Terry is so smart....once you get to shawl size, just go back in the opposite decrease and you'll have a really cool tablecloth!!

I'm with her on this one! ;)

Oooooooooooooh, the bag is gorgeous!!

~Suz~

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Finally, some pictures! :)

I love your bags! They are gorgeous!

Knit yourself a shawl. I never thought I was a shawl person, but I love mine and wear it often. It's perfect for those cool summer nights.

Wait a sec, you don't get cool summer nights in Michigan, do you? Well, save it for fall, then!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Have I told you that your are PHENOMINAL at your craft??!!??
Your stuff is awesome!

Ok, I need to break down and learn how to do this already! What a gift you have!

Hugs to you,
Sarah

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger D said...

I LOVE that aggressive scarf! What a great job you are doing...excellent on everything...really!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Ulla said...

Nice Booga bag.
Have to do a bag.

knitmumsp
Ulla in the north of Sweden

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home