Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Very quickly...

... before I head off to work and teaching for the day ... here's the finished booga bag.



I took TSP 4 (that's the Top Secret Project series to annoy and eventually delight my sister) to our neighbours' 4th of July party yesterday afternoon, and got it well underway, while avoiding water balloons and sparkler damage. TSP 2 is about 85% done and everyone who sees it is impressed.

On Sunday we went down to the Taste Fest, and stuffed ourselves silly sampling various items from restaurants we either know and love (La Shish, Beans & Cornbread) or want to try out (Indian Masala, a couple of others). Also there was my favourite knitting store, City Knits, so I got to introduce Terry to the staff, and show her the treasure trove where I spend too much time and money. Lisa, who's an artist in addition to being a darn good knitting teacher, had devised a piece of knitting performance art in which 8 people shared a space and needles and different shades of yarn, from pale cream to a rich chocolate brown, to create ... well... by Sunday it was about a 12 inch long tube. I trust Lisa's vision to make it into some kind of sculpture. She'd also build the sturdy octagonal bench for all the knitters to sit round. I'm definitely going to follow the progress of this, knit on it when and where I can, and be a part of the binding off in September. I'm going to work with Lisa to get this project its own blog, so watch out for a link and photos.

OK. Now I've got to run and get dressed and face the day. At least it's a shorter work week. Happy Tuesday to all.

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your Booga Bags are gorgeous and this one is no exception! Your adventurous beginner scarf is coming along nicely too.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Oh the bag is wonderful! I'm going to have to get some of that Noro and do myself a bag as well, except I seriously don't need one LOL. But I may have to anyway! *grin* Have a great short week!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger meelo said...

kirsti - did i ever tell you that you're one of the smartest and most intuitive people i know? thank you for your words. they mean so much.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE that bag!! It's gorgeous!!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger meelo said...

kirsti - your eyes (and computer!) have not deceived you. i have been away for the past four days. when i got into town today, i updated with several things i'd been wanting to post about. much love.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

Might I remind you how talented you are! Have you ever sold your stuff at art fairs? I think that you would do really well! :)

Love,
Sarah

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger jodi said...

Mmmm, La Shish. Pete got a tummyache there, but I loved it. Why didn't I ever think of putting pine nuts in my hummus? Yum.

You're really cranking out the knits! I'm unemployed and sitting on my arse all day, and can't keep up. At least with the finishing; lots of things sitting on the nearly finished pile :(

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

When that bag is felted it's just gorgeous. You're really making me want to try a felting project!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Booga Bags!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home