Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Friday, July 15, 2005

I've been RAK'd

I'm slightly late in posting this, but it's been a pretty busy couple of days, and I wanted to include photos to share. Following a discussion in the Knittyboard chat room, Roxy and I discovered a shared interest in origami, and she asked for my address to send me some origami paper she had lying around.

Little did I know what else would be lurking inside the envelope. Here's what it looks like:


Going from right to left we have ... Disney stickers; some very funky Old Navy stickers; origami paper galore in different patterns and colours and sizes (including some "bug" paper at the far left, and some tiny squres behind the yarn to make into cranes or maybe boxes); some origami folding instructions to get me started; a mirror (that's the circular blue open thing - I thought I was being artistic but didn't check my camera angles!), also out of view of the camera (I'm sorry, I'm a bad photographer) is a blue folded shrimp that Roxy made - very inspiring and fits with the sushi theme); a just yummy soft ball of Kid Merino yarn from Crystal Palace Yarns (I think this will maybe make my next Branching Out. Or something yummy and lacy. Any suggestions?); a teeny bottle of tobasco sauce; some snapple lipbalm, and finally at the far left, the coolest sushi stickers I could imagine.

In fact, they're so cool I had to lay them all out and take a picture:



Is it sad that I can recognise most of these sushi types? And also sad that I'm getting hungry just looking at them. Plus there's mugs of tea, and those little dark round circles are soy sauce. It's definitely worth clicking on the thumbnail to see the larger version.

Roxy, you are kind and generous beyond all measure, and I really hope that your Random Act of Kindness comes back to you in spades.

At 3:03 PM, Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

Miss Kirsti
Am SO glad you are enjoying the goodies --- I know all the stuff sent is what I enjoyto have around in my life, so I hope it continues to brighten your day as well :)



Much love,
Anne

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Wow, that's so cool! It must have been so much fun to open. Just beware of paper cuts ok? LOL *wink*

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Sweet! Aren't little unexpected goodies the greatest?

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Snapple makes lip balm?? Who knew!?!!!

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sushi..... Uym.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home