Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Weekend updates

Firstly I want to thank everyone for stopping by and leaving their prayers and good wishes. Knowing that you guys, most of whom I've never met in person, are thinking of me and my family means a lot.

Brief knitting updates .... last night I took TSP 4 to see Carole King live in concert. She was playing at Meadowbrook, which has cheap "lawn tickets", so we sat on the grass, listened to 2 hours of wonderful music, and I knitted until it got too dark to see. I'm planning on taking either TSP 2 or the Wavy scarf to Ann Arbor on Wednesday and Thursday night, when we'll be at the Ark to see Nanci Griffith, Maura O’Connell, John Gorka, and The Chenille Sisters with opening act Matt Watroba on Wednesday and Christine Lavin, Susan Werner, Dar Williams, and Cheryl Wheeler with opening act Jan Krist on Thursday. Christine Lavin also knits, and invites people to bring their knitting for a mini Stitch'n'Bitch the hour before the show.

And, along with the horror of Thursday, there was a ray of good stuff ... this arrived in the mail:


It's the yarn and patterns from Fiddlesticks to knit the Sea Creatures shawl. The Aegean Blue is lighter than it looks in that picture, and should make a wonderful shawl. I don't think I'm quite ready to cast on yet - I'd like to get Branching Out more than 4 rows done first, so I've got more experience in lace knitting - but having it waiting is certainly inspiring.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Tomorrow night is Stitch'n'Bitch, and next Sunday is our Great Summer Road Trip to Threadbear in Lansing.

At 4:18 AM, Blogger for_the_lonely said...

That is such a beautiful color! I always enjoy coming to your blog and seeing all of the awesome works tht you have knitted!

Have a lovely week!

Sarah

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooo that yarn for the shawl is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Wahhhhhh!! I wanna go to ThreadBear!!! No fair!!! Heehee!!

Ohh, that yarn color is gorgeous...i think my mom might need me to make her something in that color!!

~Suz~

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home