Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, August 22, 2005

Three Things Meme

Sal tagged me a while back.. finally getting round to it. Here goes.

Three names I go by:
1. Kirsti
2. K or KJ
3. Kirstiana (Terry's pet name for me. Aww)

Three screen names I’ve had:
1. Kirsti (gosh, I'm creative and original aren't I?)
2. Inanna
3. Erish (short for Erishkegal, sister of Inanna. Generally used when someone else has beaten me to 2.)

Three physical things I like about myself:
1. My red hair
2. My eyes
3. My freckles. I even have one on the sole of each foot.

Three physical things I don’t like about myself:
1. My feet - large, wide and flat. With a bunion that returned despite surgery age 15 to correct it.
2. My breasts - way out of proportion to the rest of me.
3. My poor eyesight which means I have to wear glasses

Three parts of my heritage:
1. English
2. Polish
3. Jewish

Three things I am wearing right now:
1. My glasses
2. New work trousers in a size smaller - I'm shrinking, which is a Good Thing.
3. A bra (never without one *sigh*)

Three favorite bands/musical artists:
1. Terry Gonda (c'mon, did you expect anything else?)
2. Dar Williams
3. Indigo Girls

Three favorite songs: (today at least)
1. You Rise and Meet the Day - Dar Williams, from her forthcoming album My Better Self
2. Galileo - Indigo Girls
3. Gandhi/Budda (and the answering song, see here for lyrics) - Cheryl Wheeler

Three things I want in a relationship:
1. Acceptance
2. Honesty
3. Trust

Two truths and a lie
1. I've played flute onstage at the Royal Festival Hall, London
2. I'm allergic to chocolate
3. I have a russian birth certificate

Three physical things about the preferred sex that appeal to you:
1. Smile
2. Eyes
3. The connection when we dance together ... the fit, and the steps

Three favorite hobbies:
1. Knitting (newest obsession)
2. Reading (longest obsession)
3. Origami (previous obsession, but the nearest origami group is a 45 minute drive away and only meets once a month)

Three things I want to do badly right now:
1. Greet my wife walking through the door, but she's still at work *sigh*
2. Cuddle my nephew
3. Open the pack of Viennese biscuits from Marks & Spencer that I brought back from England

Three things that scare me:
1. Losing Terry or a member of my family
2. Not getting a green card and having to leave America in 4 years
3. The amount of yarn I want to buy, and the stash that's accumulating in the office

Three of my everyday essentials:
1. Internet access, especially blogger and the knitty board
2. Coffee
3. Cheek kisses from my wife

Three Careers you have considered or are considering :
1. Professor - that's what I need to get the green card to stay in the country
2. Musician - but my mother told me I didn't have the drive to succeed as a classical flautist
3. Educational Psychologist - except I didn't want to teach

Three places you want to go on vacation:
1. Anywhere that Oscar and my sister are
2. Australia
3. Touring around the States visiting friends and knitting folk

Three kids’ names you like:
1. Oscar - though that may just be the kid :)
2. Sebastian
3. Viola

Three things you want to do before you die:
1. Get legally married to Terry, ideally in America
2. Meet all the people I only know online, particularly Bernadette and Ricky in Australia
3. Make a difference in someone's life, to leave a legacy behind me

Three ways I am stereotypically a boy:
1. I never wear makeup - well, occasionally for music performances or for a special evening out
2. I have hairy legs - why bother shaving when they only get hairy again?
3. I don't particularly bother with my appearance before I go out. Terry has to remind me to brush my hair, or at least look in the mirror...

Three ways I am stereotypically a girl:
1. You can't have a silhouette like mine and not be a girl somehow...
2. I wanted - and got - a traditional white wedding
3. I love getting flowers. It's the easiest way to make me feel loved and special.

Three celeb crushes:
1. Amy Ray from the Indigo Girls
2. Uma Thurman
3. Orlando Bloom, especially as a blonde elf

Three people I am tagging:
1. Dixie
2. Michelle
3. Dawn

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me Kirsti! Now I have a blog entry for today. ;)

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Helen said...

i agree!!! i looooove that elf. mmmmm heh heh

where was Terry born?

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Hoorah for your meme. Well done for doing it...

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you said
"Make a difference in someone's life, to leave a legacy behind me"

and i know that you have made a difference in my life and many others as well, you have helped in ways i don't think anyone else ever could,
thank you very much, for being you

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home