Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Friday, October 07, 2005

Updates

Well, Sally and Oscar arrived safely, despite taking a horrendously long time to get through customs (she was sharing a porter with a lady who had a load of luggage, didn't speak English, and got screened by customs.. so...). Oz was an angel during the flight, and was wide awake when they landed. We drove home, considered putting Oscar to sleep, but he was running around quite happily.. so where else would we go but IHOP for Sal to get her chicken fried steak dinner. Both of them are now sleeping.

And Terry and I should be - we have a wedding up north tomorrow at 1pm, so need to be leaving here hideously early tomorrow (don't worry, Tiff is going to take care of Sal and the boy!). And are we packed and organized? Of course not.

Knitting news is that I finished the Wavy scarf (Dana, the pattern is here, on Knitty.com). I only got 9 1/2 "waves" rather than the 10 called for, because I ran out of yarn. Which is odd, coz the previous Wavy, with the same brand yarn, gave me no trouble at all. Still, it's plenty long enough and looks just fine.

That's all for now. Expect minimal, if any, updates over the next fortnight, while I entertain and enjoy my sister and my nephew.

Oh, and happy anniversary to me and Terry. We met for the first time 11 years ago today, on Platform 3 at Victoria train station in London.

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Happy Anniversary!!! October is such a good month. Have fun at the wedding and enjoy your visit, it's great that you get to see them so soon again.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Happy anniversary to you and your wife! I'm always happy to hear of couples who make it work for the long term and are happy. Especially since I couldn't keep a marriage together. :)

Have a wonderful time with your sister and nephew. Take time to really enjoy them and cherish each moment.

If I may pry, where Up North are you guys heading? I only ask because I'm from Traverse City.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger jenny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger jenny said...

Good job finishing the Wavy! Can't wait to see pics :)

(p.s. there's a deleted comment because my computer got confused by the word-verification and made an extra one!)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh Happy to hear that Sally & Oscar made it in good oder. I read on Sally's blog how nervous she was about the flight. Hope you all have a fun visit!

Way to go on finishing Wavy!!

Happy Anniversary to you and Terry!

~Suz~

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! I'm so glad to hear your family arrived safely...enjoy your trip up north and your visitors, we'll see you in a couple of weeks!!!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary indeed. It won't seem like long at all before you're posting about your twentieth anniversary. I hope the wedding goes well and that Sal and Oscar enjoy their visit.

I miss you so much.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Happy Anniversary, enjoy your family visit as well.

I was actually hoping you could send me the "Ribby" pattern, although I will certainly give wavy a try.

If you can thanks so much!!

Take care,
Dana

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Oh happy anniversary! *sigh* How I love true love!

I'm glad that Sal and Oz got there okay. Tell them I said hey!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home