Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, September 19, 2005

Very quickly

We're safely back from a wonderful vacation. I've got heaps to catch up on with this blog, starting with the wonderful package from my Secret Pal which arrived just before we left.

But I just had to share this ... we saw this picture in a gallery in Provincetown and I just fell in love with it. Couldn't stop looking at it. It almost made me cry. So, with some financial help from my mother, we bought the artist's proof. The colours are slightly different from this version, and you have to imagine it as a 4 foot by 2 foot size.

It's called "Into the Light" by Mike Massengale (and it's worth clicking on the picture for a slightly larger image.) Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know, I've been playing the flute since I was about 8.

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I've missed you.

The painting is lovely.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Welcome back! I love the painting too and can totally see why it draws you to it. Very cool. I'm looking forward to hearing more!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oooooh, the picture is gorgeous...you can almost hear the music flowing. Amazing.

Yeah, both times i went to PTown, i left with artwork...but we bought the items at the Annual Auction held during Women's Week by H.O.W.(Helping Our Women)...a local charity group there. Unfortunately, the ex has all of the pieces...although i do have pictures of a few of them. I'll have to email them over so you can see!

~Suz~

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound and that you both had a lovely trip. I've missed you. And I have to say that I love the painting.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you. glad you're back safely and that you had a good trip...was thinking of you as that stupid hurricane moved up the coast. jen cass friday? let me know :)

oh and the painting rocks!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

My goodness! That picture is gorgeous!

Glad you're back home! Missed you!

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, we missed you! I will definitely see you Monday!!!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! That painting is so beautiful, and I'm glad you had a good time in Provincetown!

xoxo,
Your SP

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home