Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bad bad blogger

I know. I tease you with pictures and promises of socks and then ... silence. Suffice it to say that the Broadripple socks were finished by last Friday and have been worn several times since then, despite the sunshine and heat in Detroit this past week. And yes I have pictures of them on my feet, and the turquoise First Socks Ever on Terry's feet, and yes, I still have to get them off the camera.

I have, of course, already cast on for pair number 3, using some of the Regia sock yarn I ordered from LittleKnits. They're definitely on the thick/wooly side, but should be nice and warm for winter. Plus Terry likes how the colours are coming out, so this pair may be for her, to make up for the not-quite-big-enough turquoise pair. I'm knitting the leg in the pattern stitch from the frogged cotton one - Rows 1 & 2: k2 p2 all round. Rows 3 & 4: knit. It's coming up with a sort of grid-like ribbing, where it's actually the pearl bumps that are making the horizontal lines. Hard to describe, but I'll see if I can get a photo that shows it.

I've also discovered I'm very very good at losing sock needles. I went to pick up the sock last night and could not find my free needle to start knitting. Nor could I find the 5th one that came in the set. This is not good. I can see me having to invest in 5 pairs of size 1, 2 and 3 double pointed needles just to get through the next few sock adventures.

In other news, the new Knitty is out. I'm rather like the Samus cardigan (though definitely not in orange), but was also pondering trying to adapt it to a sweater like this eerily similar Kepler one. However, the Kepler sizes are just too small (since when does 41" count as XXL - Samus's XXL is 56" around. That's quite the discrepancy!), so I'd need to use the Samus cable and stitch count, but just knit it like the Kepler, and try to adjust the shaping as I go. Plus then I tend to prefer V neck sweaters coz they're more flattering, and if I spend all this time knitting something for me I want it to look as fabulous as possible ... so that would mean more sweater alteration. And I don't think I'm that advanced a knitter to try combining two patterns and creating a brand new neckline all at once. I may just forget it and either knit Samus "as is" but in a nice deep green, or start on Mariah instead.

And now I have a paper to finish writing, so I'd best get back to reviewing literature... Pics will be coming soon, honest.

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh heck, you never cease to amaze me with your knitting wonderment so go on now...adjust the patterns!! I wanna see!! :::evil grin:::

I'm so glad to see a post again, i was missing you!!

~Suz~

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Kat said...

LOL I want to see too so I second that 'go ahead and do it' from Suz! But I'll give you a *sheepish grin* to disguise the evil one lurking beneath it. You did such a wonderful job on your nephew stuff that this really isn't going to be hard for you to do! Show us the socks too please! LOL

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

ROFL!! Kat, we crack me up!!

Ugh, i'm on the sleeves and stuck on a purl side increase...i just came to the pc to look it up. Wish me luck!!

~Suz~

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home