Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, October 24, 2005

Finally back in circulation

Well I had the most wonderful visit with my sister and my nephew. You can read all about it on and see photos here and here. I'm missing them both like mad. Oscar is adorably cute - and the sweater I made is almost close to fitting him:

The sweater - slightly fuzzy.A better shot of the cables


I also knitted a fair isle hat for Sal, colours chosen by her:

(She refused to pose with it on, so you just get my hand as a model


And here is the collection of fair isle hats to date. Guess what everyone's getting for Christmas this year?



But thankfully tonight was Stitch'n'Bitch to keep me occupied. It was a small crowd (Amby, I miss you!) - me, MontiLee and Lynne from City Knits. I spent about 3 hours casting on for..er.. yet another fair isle hat, and then putting 5 repeats on the green aggressive beginners scarf (remember that from months ago?). Thankfully the pattern was still mostly lurking in the back of my memory as I'd forgotten to bring the written instructions, so after ripping the first row back a couple of times, I was off and running. Metaphorically speaking, that is. Literally I stayed at Sweetwaters with a nice pot of their Jasmine Pearl tea.

One more project made its way onto my needles, but no photos as yet. Another Booga Bag. Mostly because I needed some "I don't need to see this" knitting to get me through two cinema trips, but also again to add to the Christmas pile.

So that's mostly it. Now off to catch up with everyone else's news...

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I missed you last night!!! Will you be coming to the Ferndale SnB on Thursday? I'm loving that one because I can stay until 9:15pm and we have had a great time the last couple of Thursdays. The Fair Isle hats are beautiful! See you soon!!!
P.S.-I'm officially hooked on socks...now that I'm doing them on two circs. I'll be bringing the socks-in-progress to all SnB's between now and Christmas since that's what everyone is getting from me. :-)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oscar is just too cute for words! I'm so glad you got to spend time with him.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Kat said...

He is soooooo cute! We've missed you but I'm really glad you had such a nice visit. Seriously love the hats!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ahhh, those hat pictures cheered me up a bit. I've packed so many boxes today and dusted and cleaned items for sale...my mouth is dry and dusty. Ick!!

I'm so glad you're back!!

~Suz~

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

I love your hats, so colorful all laid out like that, and your nephew is adorable

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I know I am late to comment on this, but your blog cam eup during a search for " rainbow fair isle hat" - If you don't mind, where did you get the pattern for those? they are adorable.

Thanks - I forgot my blogger name/address but I am at dcdmk at aol dot com if you had a second. thanks.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home