Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween















I stocked up on the requisite bunch of chocolate treats this morning, and Terry and I even splurged at Hallmark yesterday (we were re-stocking the Birthday Card Stash) on this ... but can I think of anything to do for a costume? Nope. I may try and get out some of my more hippy-ish clothes - tie dye T-shirt, long patchwork shirt, skirt with patches on it, and possibly even the rainbow socks I knitted for Terry. Hmm. Or go the "princess" route with wedding tiara and see if I can still fit into the bridesmaids outfit from my sister's wedding, but I've lost the corset I wore with it, and I doubt the top would fit. All ideas welcome! Especially as our Stitch'n'Bitch group will be meeting in costume tonight!

And in other knitting news ... I got my second parcel from my Secret Pal! Yay Secret Pal! Here's the opened box:

See all that shiny green wrapping goodness? Inside were these:
Yummy yummy yarn that's more bright purple than it looks here - mohair and silk and wool. My SP had seen my Knitty board post coveting Cameron Diaz's scarf from the movie In Her Shoes. Smart SP. This will definitely be used, as the little note with it said, for something for me.
A book I've been coveting for ages! Socks! Lots of yummy socks! I've already added 3 designs to my "want to knit NOW" list. It's got really clear explanations and some very fun patterns.
Chocolate! Thanks to my SP, I'm becoming rapidly addicted to this Dagoba brand, which I'd never heard of before. The lavendar one in the previous package was scrummy, and as for these ... well...let's just say they didn't last very long.
Rounding off the package was this sweet knitting card, wishing me a happy Socktober! Thank you SP, you really made me feel special. I hope you're reading this, and beaming with pride right now!

Happy Halloween to everyone else. I hope you get spoiled with as many treats as I just did!

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Helen said...

yeah, that sock book is great. i have it, along with their mitten book. those books are so simple to use!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

That book is WONDERFUL! You're going to love it.

I have no idea about the costume. I'm not very creative in that respect. We'll be expecting pictures tomorrow! :)

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I haven't seen pictures of Sal's wedding in so long! I forgot how incredible they were and how fabulous everyone looked.

What a great treat from your secret pal. Someone's really spoiling you!

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the goodies! Can't wait to see what you make with the purple yarn & the new socks you pick out :)
Happy Halloween, SP!

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home