Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

And a Hippy Halloween too!


After much thought and pondering about the contents of my wardrobe, I ended up reprising last year's costume and going all hippy. But of course, since the Big Hair Cut, I had to stop by a costume store and buy a wig to complete the look. The rest of the gear? All my own. Which is somewhat worrying. What you can't see in the photo is that I'm also wearing the rainbow socks that I knitted for Terry. And very nice they feel too.
Here's a close up of me clowning around once Terry got home. It was a pretty fun evening, despite Terry working late and missing all the fun. I handed out candy til around 7:15, when the rain put a halt to the trickle of late trick or treaters, and then, still in full hippy gear, headed out to Stitch'n'Bitch, where a bunch of us were planning on showing up and knitting. Sadly I was either too late or too early, as I was the only knitter there ... and the only person dressed up. So I took a deep breath and used all my extrovert energy to sit and work on the green cable/lace scarf for 45 minutes until giving up at 8:30 and heading back home.

Oh, and here's how much of the chocolate still remains. I'm impressed with my restraint!

In other knitting news, the Booga Bag is finished but not felted. I may try and do that tonight, so look for more pics soon. Once I'm actually organized enough to have a list of who's getting what for Christmas and what needs to still be knitted, then I may even treat myself to casting on for a new pair of socks too. I've been so jealous of all the Socktober fun that folk have been having. I suppose I could always allocate some socks as Christmas gifts and get both things done that way....

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

You make a great hippie! Too bad the other SnBers missed it.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger jodi said...

You look fantastic. I sent the photo to Pete and he couldn't guess who it was, even with hints (she's been in our house before, that is her natural hair colour. . . ).

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make such a cute hippie!!! I wish I could have made it to see you and MontiLee both! We need to go on a yarn shopping/lunch date sometime very soon!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great costume! You look very "hip"! ;) I didn't dress up or hand out candy. What a party pooper I am.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Kat said...

ROFL I LOVE it!I would have enjoyed seeing you on the other side of the door from my kids Monday night. The SnBers sure missed it!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Good wig. Ok then - teach me how to knit - can you do it online? I have NO clue how to do it....and since everyone is telling me I should start and since you're the great knit guru.....

ps - I'm at Gambado with Mum and Oz at the mo (using their free internet). Mum has been on the dodgems and bounced on the trampoline, slid down a large slide and is currently in the ball pool. She is a born again child

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger steve said...

please excuse me for a moment ... saw sally on sunday and she reminded me of her blog address ... and from there noticed that you also had a blog ... 'ooo' i thought 'i wonder what me old mucker kirsti is up to' ... and what do i find ... knitting!! ... i didn't even know you knat and here you are with a blog about it and everything ... hope you and terry are well and happy ... i shall check into the blog now and then but i have very little to add to the conversation ... other than i own some jumpers ... i quite like some wool ... um ... that's it really ... bye ... steve (london ... yeah that steve)

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home