Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, November 14, 2005

Bad bad blogger

Nearly two weeks and no updates. And only one photo too (and that's a late edited addition!). Basically, any knitting time I've had has been spent churning out more fair isle hats, and getting started on the scarf for Terry's dad's Christmas gift. It's a mistake-rib pattern, in the baby camel yarn I bought in Salem. I love how it's turning out, really soft ... but the yarn is an absolute pig to wind. The skein is too narrow to fit round Amby's swift, and it tangles like anything. Still, I'm now into the 2nd of 3 skeins, and will hopefully have the scarf finished by the end of next week.

Anyway, here are the latest three hats. One very monochrome one, one very bright one (the sunrise hat!), and one camouflage one. This makes a total of 8 knitted, and 2 already given away. (Our friend Rae took the purple, blue and grey one for her birthday gift.)


Then it's onto socks (from the great book from my Secret Pal) and booga bags and fuzzy feet - again, more Christmas gifts. 40 days and counting *Eeps*. I may start making "backup gift" lists in case I don't get it all done.

And after all that, I am going to revel in spending January knitting only stuff for me. I will finally get started on Threadybear - the intricate, teddy bear size, traditional fair isle sweater, complete with steeks and seven colours! The yarn is wound, I have the addi turbos ready ...

.. and I also have the complete makings for Clapotis, in the bluebell silk from Hipknits, and just need to persuade Julie to make me more of her wonderful beaded stitch markers, since the two sets I had from her sadly vanished along with my old notions kit.

So nothing very exciting to report. I'll try and get more photos of the newer hats, and the latest Booga, once it's been felted. But hopefully this should stop me getting nagged at Stitch'n'Bitch for not updating my blog more often .

At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your suggestion last night that we need to have a Booga Bag-a-thon before Christmas! See you tomorrow!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger jodi said...

I would totally join a boogabagathon if only to be able to say the funny name over and over again; boogabagathon! boogabagathon!

Hey, chica, birthday par-tay at my place December 16th. Are you two free?

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Kirsti, those hat are amazing! I want one now too LOL! I like seeing them, each color group makes it look just a bit different which is very neat. Great job!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Sally said...

What about the fimble?

I wore my hat today! It's really cold here.....

btw - since you can knit a sock in a day, can you knit two baby mittens? Oz needs gloves and I can't find any....

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those hats look great!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home