Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Day 2's progress

Here's how things are looking so far. I got a row or two ahead of schedule last night - good thing too, as I don't think I'll have as much time today. Hopefully I can catch up at SNB tomorrow night too. And there's a lot of ends to weave in piling up...


I'm feeling somewhat ambivalent about the colourway I chose. The two lighter shades of blue are pretty indistinguishable from eachother, which is a shame. But still, I'm more of a "process knitter" than a "product one" - it's the act of knitting and learning the techniques that appeals, more than whatever the finished object turns out to be. Otherwise, I'd be pondering driving up to Lansing tomorrow and buying a new kit from Threadbear and starting all over again...

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Wow, you've really been moving along. I think the colors look nice...where are the two colors you're not seeing much of a shade difference in?? Hmmm. Got me stumped!!

~Suz~

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Hee. That's how non-visible it is. The shade of blue that's surrounding the lightest brown "splodges" near the top of the work is a different shade of blue from the rows immediately below them.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger laurie said...

you're doing great (cruising faster than i was i believe, but that doesn't take much lol)

unfortunately sometimes it does turn out that some shades don't show up differently-i had the same problem with 2 of my darks...in skein they're very different but "on sweater" they blend together...on the other hand, you don't want them TOO different, or the effect can be very garish, and you lose the definition of the design...it's tough :o\

that being said...there's nothing like having an excuse for a trip to threadbear ;o)

(am sure you haven't a scooby who i am, but i'm on the threadybear list (one of the 'locals' who took matt's class...my poor sweater is still missing an arm *sigh*) and i thought i'd check in on your progress, having seen you were going to do it for the olympics...am very jealous of the team detroit bag! ;o))

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jae said...

I think you are making great progress! I found your blog through Mich Knits Ring. If you don't mind my asking, where does your SnB group meet? I've been looking for a group to join.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

We meet on Monday nights at Sweetwaters on Main Street in Royal Oak; on Wednesday nights at Caribou in Troy, on Crooks just north of 16 Mile; and on Thursday nights at the Java Hutt in Ferndale, on 9 mile. Most gatherings start around 7pm or so. It'd be great to see you there!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Jae said...

Thanks for the info on the SnB meet-ups. I'll definitely try for the Weds night one in the next week or so.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home