Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sock Yarn Pr0n!

So much for my self-imposed yarn diet ... I'm accumulating sock yarn like there's no tomorrow. But at least I'm knitting a bunch of it up. Here's the current stuff in the stash. And, as per usual, clicking on the thumbnails will give you a new window with larger images, for those of you who really want to drool.







Lorna's Laces in their "jeans" colourway. I bought this at City Knits on Tuesday to use for the class I'm taking: 2 socks on 2 circular needles, knitted from the toe up with a short row heel. Lots of new techniques and hopefully a way to churn out even more socks! Sadly, Lynne wasn't feeling well, so the first class was postponed til next week. But I do have the yarn...
Here's the yummy Koigu Painters Palette Premium Merino that Amby bought for me at The Knitting Room's sale. Because you can never have enough purple sock yarn.. at least, not if you're me. And after finishing Terry's socks (be patient! Pictures are coming!), I've decided that I love working with this yarn. I really like how it knits up, how smooth and un-splitty it is, and how vibrant the colours are. So there's enough here for three more pairs.


These are two skeins of "socks that rock" from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. The top colourway is "Fire on the Mountain"; the lower one is "Lapis". Yes, I am going to jump on the bandwagon and make Grumperina's Jaywalker socks, but because I like the pattern, and I really like how this yarn works with it, at least based on other people's blogs. And, just to add to its drool-worthiness, here's a couple of close-up shots.
And, finally, to show off just how wonderful a wife I've got, here's what she got me for Christmas. As you can see from the photos above, it's already been put to good use!

That's it for the yarn pr0n. Next post will perhaps contain some actual knitting!

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Oh my... I'm all flushed and tingly now! Gorgeous.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Must. Contain. Sock yarn jealousy!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home