Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, November 21, 2005

Ugg! Ugg!


Here they are. I had the first one finished by Friday night, and the second one mostly done by Saturday, and finished up on Sunday. Very fun to knit, adorably cute to see, and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. These will be for a friend's baby for Christmas, and I may well do the smaller size (once I can find my size 3 needles) for the newest arrival in Terry's stepfamily.

I've also cast on for and got to the sides of another Booga Bag for Christmas - a fairly somber one in black and grey shades. Most un-Noro like! But good for folk who aren't bright-hued fans. Stitch'n'Bitch tonight, with 33 days left to Christmas. Eeps. Why am I even typing? Why am I even working when I could be knitting? I'm all for the suggestion our email group came up with, to give up work and sit on a street corner and knit until Christmas. Anyone want to join us?

Edited to add... The soles are the same Suede yarn as the rest of the booties and so are definitely slippy. I wouldn't suggest they be worn by any child who's walking (The sizes are supposedly 0-6 and 6-12 months) - though yes, apparently the puffy fabric paint on the soles does work for giving grip. I've been investigating the same thing for Fuzzy Feet.

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! You are so fast, I'm envious. I'll have to hurry up and cast these on, I hope they look as good in dark green!

You pick the street corner-and I'll be there with my little tin cup!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger jodi said...

You are crazy fast.

I love the idea of knitting on the street corner; if you put out your needle roll on the ground people might toss you change! It's the perfect blend of performance art, busking and making presents.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oh my gosh! Soooo cute!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Very cute and you are such a speedy knitter! Geesh, becareful or those needles might catch on fire. *wink*

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now those are just adorable! Great job!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'll see you Monday!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

They are just too adorable! I wish I knew someone with a new baby so I could make a pair. And you'll love the Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I used that book to make the mittens for my hubby and am using the same formula for mittens for my mom.

I'd join you on that street corner but I'm afraid that my fingers would freeze and I wouldn't be able to knit. :)

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Nic said...

How cool are they!! I want some for Lou but I think she's too old. Maybe I could make her some and gaffa tape them to her feet as bed-uggs then maybe she'd sleep all night.

Nic
xx

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're posting instead of knitting for a very simple reason. If you don't, poor benighted souls like me who can't make it to S&B have no idea what you're working on until it leaps out of a corner to ambush us!

I can't wait to see some of this stuff in person.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ok, i have to admit that i was frightened those might be for an adult, but they're doggon cute for a baby!! ;)

Checking in!! No internet at "home" yet.

I've got two different socks in the works!!

~Suz~

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Bad Amy said...

I love the Uggs! And greetings from Toledo.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home