Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

I had a very relaxing post-Christmas, and have now finally uploaded some pics. As per usual, click on the thumbnails for larger and slightly clearer images.





Here is the pile of knitted gifts, packaged and ready to wrap:
Here's a close-up of the labels, which I made using clip art in Powerpoint, and then printed onto card - two labels horizontally per sheet.
And because I'd said that I was dying to start something small and fiddly ... here's the first completed and second started sock from the Koigu Premium Painters Palette Merino that I bought at The Knitting Room a couple of months back. These will be for Terry, and the colours are just gorgeous - slightly darker than shown here (the flash from the camera lightened everything just a tad), but just as vibrant and vivid. I was a bi worried that I wouldn't have enough yarn to complete the toe, but, as you can see from the scrap of leftovers, I guesstimated quite well. I love working with the Koigu.. and yay for the wonderful Amby who was able to get to the Knitting Room's 25% off sale after Christmas and buy 6 skeins (enough for 3 more pairs) for me! Oh, and on Jan 19th, I'm going to start Lynn's class at City Knits on 2 socks on 2 circulars, knitted toe-up with short row heels. Lots of new techniques and hopefully I can start whizzing through my sock yarn stash that's been building up.

And then I can get going on the Threadybear sweater, the Clapotis and Mariah, which should keep me occupied well into..oh.. Febuary at least.

One final plug - for anyone in the Ann Arbor/Metro-Detroit area reading this, Terry and I have a gig this coming Thursday at the Ark, in trio format along with a couple of friends and equally great songwriters: Trina Hamlin from Manhattan, and Colleen Sexton from Boston. More information is here, and it would be lovely to see any knitters or blog readers that can make the show.

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Jacqui said...

I love your labels! What a great way to share the "care and feeding" instructions.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Those are WONDERFUL labels, they're so creative! I almost asked my DH if he wanted to go to the Ark Thursday but I remember I have to work that night darn it. Let us know if you will be there again someday k? Happy New Year!

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh! What fun labels!!

The sock color is so pretty, i love blues!!

~Suz~

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Nic said...

How professional do they look?! Wow. Bet you're all knitted out with hats now though?
Happy new year and heres to lots of knitting in 2006.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Everything looks great, and I'll be interested to hear how your class goes, I'm doing 2 socks on 2 circs right now, but I'm not quite "flying" yet.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsti, your creativity is truly inspiring!!! Everything looks wonderful, and I'm sure the recipients realized how special they are to receive such a gift!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Happy New Year and I too love the labels! I never really thought about doing that.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger So long, farewell! said...

Kirsti - I've been meaning to stop by and say hi for ages (It's Trace here BTW), so here I am.

The site looks great - and I hear from Sal that you are settled in the States and very happy.

Things great with me - I found love with an American too :o)

Love and hugs
xxx

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! You accomplished so much! They are all gorgeous and I really love your labels. What a nice way to include the care instructions with your gift.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Alrght! Where the heck are you??!!

~Suz~

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Writing a post as you commented! With lots of photos! Wait another 10 minutes or so...

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home