Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Saturday, December 24, 2005

I think I might be done!

Or very very nearly done at least. Amby came round this afternoon for a last minute knitting frenzy, and here are the results:



Four pairs of fuzzy feet. I tried two different ways to use up the leftover yarn - stripes, or a two-tone effect. I can't quite decide which I like best. High contrast stripes are fun, but the colour shading of the two tone pair is also pretty neat.
Here's the "head and feet" collection: 10 fair isle hats and 5 pairs of fuzzy feet. Not pictured are the gifts that have already been sent out: scarves to Vic and Reba, and my mother's present. All in all, it probably represents about 60 hours of knitting time (and maybe 90+ if you count the already-sent items)... I'd got it down to 2 hours per hat, and 3 per fuzzy foot, plus felting time. It's going to be harder than I thought to give these away!
And here's the complete Christmas knitted gift pile. From the bottom left, working clockwise: black and white booga bag; the camel scarf for Terry's dad which blends in to the sofa; a ruffled scarf with Trendsetter Dune; lots of fuzzy feet with another ruffle scarf lying over them; yet another ruffled scarf; the second booga; and lots and lots of hats. Tomorrow we get the fun job of deciding who gets which colour scheme, and figuring a way to gift wrap them all.

Oh, and bake more chocolate cookies to give as gifts. And it's already 1:30 on Christmas Eve Morning, and Terry's actually in bed before me for once.

So Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night. May your knitting be done, your yarn stay untangled, and may 2006 bring you only good things.

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Rain said...

What beautiful gifts!

You really have been busy. I especially like the hats.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Dana said...

Everything looks great! I got most of my stuff done, shy of one pair of fuzzyfeet, and my mom's booga. But all is well, the gifts that were given were happily received and I am breathing a bit easier these days. Happy New Year, if I don't see you. And thanks to you and Amby for the happy knitting vibes sent my way!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Sally said...

SERIOUSLY impressive sis. You should set up a cottage industry.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I'm with Sal - you knit so beautifully that you could go into business with these goodies!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Holy fun knitted pile!! To my eyes it's like what a pile of candy must look like to a child!!

I only ended up knitting 8 dishcloths, 4 hats & 1 scarf for the "Mitten Basket" at Church and a hat for Deb...i feel like such a slacker!! LOL!!

Hope your Holidays have been Merry!!

~Suz~

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Holy sheep sh... Good golly Kirsti, how in the world did you get so much knitting done? That's truly amazing and I want to hear about the reactions to these gifts! I just cast on for my mom's second sock, I couldn't even get my mother in laws done in time. I'm in total awe!

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home