Kirsti Knits

Time - such a precious Gift is it; To work, to read, and Yes, to knit. - Minnie Gertz

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm such a joiner...

.. that I've signed up for not one, but two projects. The first is this one:

the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. I'm going to use it as the motivation to knit Threadybear - the traditional fair isle sweater, steeks and all, but in teddy bear size. Which will hopefully make the idea of cutting - yes cutting! - into my knitting slightly less intimidating.

Olympic Update.. For anyone else participating who'd like something more than the default button, Jen has come up with some wonderful creative ideas here. I'm almost wishing I'd signed up for the "Drunken Lack Lace Team". I may have to ask them to make a "British Ex-pats Team" because joining any Team USA is just a tad too far, but I can't quite go along with the "We're Better Than All Of You" UK option. At least, not yet. Give me a week and my opinion may change. And that is the end of the Olympic Update

Also, thanks to Dana's prompting at SNB last night, I've also joined in with the fun of

- Sockapaloooza. I read a bunch of posts about the previous round, but as I wasn't even thinking of knitting socks then, I stayed on the sidelines. Now, however, with Pomatomus (aka the hippo sock beast) finally on the stockinette toe decreases, I'm looking forward to this. Basically, you sign up with your sock preferences and foot measurements, then you get someone else's information. You knit a pair of socks for them, while someone else is secretly knitting socks for you. Sign up is today only and the socks get mailed out in May - so there's plenty of time to knit, but you have to sign up now!.

Hopefully finished Pomatomus pics will be forthcoming tonight or tomorrow. Then I just have to start the second one... In other boring blog news, I've tweaked the sidebar to more accurately reflect my current knitting progress and goals, the new knitalongs, and I also removed my blog links - mostly because I now use bloglines to keep track of way too many blogs which would take up all the page were I to list them all.

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Hooray, I signed up for socks today too! I can't wait to get my instructions!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger So long, farewell! said...

You make it sound so easy! (but I still get in a faddle...)

Anyhow, I've sent off for the Beginners Baby Knit's books that Sally's friend Nic recommended so, hopefully, that will make me feel productive instead of a failure!

Hope all is well.

xxx

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just signed up for both of those too!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I signed up for the Olympics too. Swatching begins right away!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Hmm, that link to KnottyGirls didn't seem to go anywhere but to some dating page?

I'll have to try later, eh?

~Suz~

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Looks like there are quite a few "joiners" around. Maybe we need a button for that too! LOL

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I asked for a British expat button be made and Jen sent it to me. I'll put it up on my blog for you to take and put on your blog if you wish.

 

Drop a stitch

<< Home